Big snow storm here in Central New York. Gotta be 36 inches on the ground. And still it comes down. In Herkimer, only the local police and the criminals are out. But I repeat myself.
My last post, Herkimer Jewish Blogger Gassed, told of how we and our home were massively dosed by an industrial-grade pesticide as we lay sleeping, and the health consequences. A few days ago, I was finishing the draft of the follow-up post when Herkimer poisoners struck again. We must have looked disappointingly healthy.
A neighbor apparently slipped into our kitchen and put an almost-deadly amount of digitalis into our milk. I‘d foolishly left the backyard door open a crack for the dog and gone upstairs for about 30 minutes.
Digitalis is a must-have for any Herkimer poisoner’s shelf. Lord know, Miss Marple’s villagers are always killing each other with it. Diabolically used, digitalis can cause stroke and heart attack. And after a few weeks, thoughtfully vanishes from the body–like the pesticides used against us. Victims merely pass away, their resting heart rate just prior to death looking much like mine that night:
Some of Herkimer’s multi-generation criminal families have members who appear to be skilled herbalists. We’ve seen zombish group behavior in the children here on Herkimer’s Pleasant Avenue, only explainable by scopolamine dosing.
Given the time of day we were vulnerable–before school buses–it was probably one of our neighboring weaponized children. I had a glass of milk before bedtime and experienced the symptoms of atrial fibrillation, familiar from the last known time our food was tampered with, during a break-in in April 2015.
Taking my usual secret countermeasures, I survived. And reported the incident to the Herkimer Desk of the New York State Police. Which has every word and pixel of data we have on everything, given that something untoward may happen to us at any moment. But then, as folks here shrug, “It’s Herkimer.”
Still, it snows. Off to see if my cognac’s been poisoned.